Click below for a 40 minute interview with Dr. Bayes-Genis about the latest findings of the research group (interview in Catalan).
Here, you will go back to 2011 where Dr. Bayes-Genis talked about the cardiac research.
We have participated in the SEC 2015 congress held in Bilbao last week with more than 10 communications.
Santiago Roura, from the ICREC group – Germans Trias i Pujol Institute, participated in the Roundtable on Innovation in Cell Therapy (Science in Practice I) with the talk Fibrin biomatrices for cell transplantation post-myocardial infarction in which he pointed out the developments on the current techniques in cell therapy, which have evolved from the ones based on the administration of suspensions of isolated cells to a more complex and efficient approach based on “managing the cells within matrixes”. Thanks to this method, once implanted on infarcted myocardium, “the cells survive longer and can make a greater therapeutic effect.”
See the piece of news from Diario Médico in the link below (in Spanish).
El Periódico explains non-invasive techniques available in Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital for valvular diseases, arrhythmias treatments.
iCor team (Dr. Villuendas, Dr. Bayes-Genis, Dr. Lupón) were interviewed in this publication among others (ElPeriodico_Cardio).
On Sunday 14th took place La Marató de TV3 to raise money for cardiovascular diseases research. Up to now 8.864.016€ were collected.
Several of our cardiologists appeared on TV:
- Dr. Fina Mauri talked about women and heart diseases (in Catalan).
- Dr. Xavier Ruyra explaining cardiac surgeons work (in Catalan).
- Dr. Antoni Bayes-Genis telling several cardiac diseases and showing which part of the heart was affected (in Catalan).
This event was also covered by Catalunya Radio:
- Interview between Dr. Bayes-Genis and the president of the Catalan Mass Media Corporation, Brauli Duart (in Catalan).
- Social gathering between the lawyer Magda Oranich and Dr. Bayes-Genis (in Catalan).