Last Saturday 13th, Dr. Curós (Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital) participated in the elaboration of the following publication in the catalan newspaper ARA. It talks about cardiovascular diseases and their social impact, it is the first cause of death.
You can read the full publication in Catalan (ARA_article).
On Sunday 14th took place La Marató de TV3 to raise money for cardiovascular diseases research. Up to now 8.864.016€ were collected.
Several of our cardiologists appeared on TV:
- Dr. Fina Mauri talked about women and heart diseases (in Catalan).
- Dr. Xavier Ruyra explaining cardiac surgeons work (in Catalan).
- Dr. Antoni Bayes-Genis telling several cardiac diseases and showing which part of the heart was affected (in Catalan).
This event was also covered by Catalunya Radio:
- Interview between Dr. Bayes-Genis and the president of the Catalan Mass Media Corporation, Brauli Duart (in Catalan).
- Social gathering between the lawyer Magda Oranich and Dr. Bayes-Genis (in Catalan).
Dr. Bayes-Genis has been interviewed by El Nou newspaper to divulge the impact of cardiovascular diseases into society and to show what has been done up to now, specially these days close to La Marató de TV3.
The interview appears on the cover page (cover_elnou) and you can read the full text in Catalan (interview_elnou).